Saturday, May 9, 2009

A slight break

Sorry for the lack of check ins. I know that everyone is busy, but it seems like we are double busy. I seriously don't know where my card reader is. It's sad. So, the only way I can get pictures to you right now is from my phone. So, not the greatest quality photos, but at least you can get an idea of things.

So, here's what I've got for you. Some kitchen shots. It's taken about 4 weeks for us to see visible progress. Pretty much all work ground to a halt while we waited for our kitchen cabinets to be made. We left the old kitchen in tact during that process just so that we could semi function normally.

Last weekend, D started demolition on the kitchen. When he was done, it was bare except for our range and refrigerator. Like this:



So, you can see that the entire original kitchen was wood paneling. Yuck. The white areas you see are where we have primed it for our backsplash.

Now, for the new cabinets. Ta da!









Yeah, I'm so happy with these cabinets. Thank you Roger!!! They are exactly what I asked for. I love them! Of course, they look even better when you remember what we came from.

So, you can see that even though we've gotten over the major hurdle of getting cabinets, we are still without counters, trim, backsplash, etc. A kitchen re-do is not an overnight project.

The last pieces of the cabinets are coming Monday. Not all the shelving was ready. Also, the open cabinets that you see will have doors with glass panes and those weren't ready either.

Today, D and the electrician are putting in the under-cabinet lighting. Nice! Something we didn't have in the last house and it will be a nice addition. Counters, sink and dishwasher will all happen at once too. Probably Thursday or Friday this coming week.

The first step has been taken. Yay! It's nice to see something coming together! Thankfully, I should have more to show this week!

No comments: