Thursday, May 21, 2009

Counter tops - in!

I am watching the counter tops being installed right now. YAY!!! The sink comes with the counter tops, so that is a huge step forward. Unfortunately, the plumber isn't coming to hook up the sink/disposal until tomorrow, so no home cooked meal tonight. :(.

Today, I got freaked out about my design choice for the first time. I was telling a lady I know from work about our sink issues (read the posts below to catch up). She asked what color the counters were, the color of the sink, the faucet, etc. Then she said, "and you didn't want to do a black sink and faucet with the black counter tops?"

"No," I said - matter of factly. That never even entered my mind as an option.

"Huh. I would have done black."

Hmmmm. This is the first and only time that I have second guessed my design decision. With this whole house, I knew exactly what I wanted. Decisions were easy. I could see it in my head. No issues in terms of color and what to do where. Now - I'm worried.

So far in my typing, they haven't put the sink in yet. All day today I've been freaking myself out that I did this outdated design in my kitchen. It's very worrisome.

Deep down, I know the reasons why I picked what I did. I think the white sink and faucet will mimmick the white appliances and the white backsplash. But still. Ugh. I guess I'll know in a minute.

Pictures to come!

No comments: