Sunday, January 18, 2009

What's in a name?

Everything! In another life, I would be living on a grand estate with a suitable name such as Tara or Twelve Oaks or Pemberley. Kind of cheesy, but I like for homes to have an identity. It's quite obvious that our 1700 square foot ranch house is far from Pemberley. But, I still like the idea of having a name for our house.

I'm not sure if anyone realized that our last house had a name. It was called The Mr. Beaumont, a la Friends (when Joey buys a boat at a charity silent auction and names it the Mr. Beaumont). There wasn't any rhyme or reason as to why we chose that name. We just did.

Therefore, I have given our new house it's name. Drum roll please........ Juniper House. It may not be too exciting, but there you go. The name comes from the name of the street that the house is on - Juniper Drive. Sadly, there are no Juniper trees in the yard, but I'm hoping that will change eventually. And for all Auburn alumni, you will know what I'm talking about when I say that the name of the house is Juniper House, not The Juniper House (think Haley Center).

So, I hope that one day I will be able to send you all an invitation to Juniper House soon!

No comments: